What is OS&E and what is FF&E?
OS&E is short for Operating Supplies and Equipment. FF&E stands for furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
OS&E is the small equipment which is manufactured off site and most if it does not require any installation. Most of it is “off the shelf” and chosen from websites, catalogues and brochures. In brief the term includes chinaware, bed linen, silverware, uniforms, housekeeping equipment and engineering tools, all loose kitchen and laundry equipment, loose health club equipment,
OS&E does not include consumable supplies such as food, drink or paper products, wall coverings, hard floor finishes, wall tiling, plumbing fixtures such as faucets, washbasins, baths or wcs, built-in millwork such as the reception desk, PABX systems and handsets, or computer cabling. It does not include FF&E.
Robert’s OS&E Procurement Package?
- Guestroom (including linen, towels, hangers, kettle, bins etc )
- Conference and banqueting (including stackable chairs and tables, AV etc )
- Restaurant and bar (including tableware, utensils etc)
- Buffet (including display, mobile tables, chafers etc)
- Front of house (including -trolleys, bins, show polishers etc)
- Public washrooms (including- bins tissue box covers etc)
- Room service (including trolleys etc)
- Security and control
- Office and training (including accessories, furniture )
- First aid
- Housekeeping (including trolleys, floor cleaners etc)
- Back of house (including kitchen utensils, shelving, tools etc)
- External areas (including flags etc)
- Uniforms -(Not in the OS&E package) Usually specified and purchased by hotel .
FF&E is not in the OS&E Package
What is FF&E ?
FF&E is short for Furnishings, Fixtures and Equipment. It includes the following:
- Casegoods (bedroom headboard, side table, coffee table)
- Loose furniture eg Chairs Tables
- Decorative Lighting
- Bed covers
- Carpet and rugs
Not in OS&E Package
- Kitchen, buffet and laundry heavy mainly fixed equipment
- IT /systems/software
- Consumable supplies such as food, drink or paper products.
- Wall coverings.
- Hard floor finishes.
- Wall tiling.
- Plumbing fixtures such as faucets,washbasins, baths or wcs.
- Built-in millwork such as the reception desk.
- PABX systems and handsets.
- Computer cabling.