The aim of this section, is to provide Guidelines on key products for a five star hotel to ensure product brand standards are consistent across the hotel group. It also includes references to typical suppliers. Kindly note that it is not exhaustive. Some of the equipment is mandatory, some of the ‘types’ of equipment are mandatory (e.g.non-ammonia mini-bars), but wherever possible alternatives are provided to allow flexibility in competitive tendering.
The items in the manual correspond in general to the criteria listed below:
1 Effect brand image of hotel group eg amenities, bedding, safe
2 Critical equipment eg defibrillator
3 High visibility items customer contact items eg luggage trolleys
4 Generic description of long list of low value line items like glassware.
Classification of hotel brand standards
The OS&E is often specified by the operator according to the following categories.
- 1 Fixed spec, fixed brand eg Aliseo hairdryer ref 123
- 2 Fixed spec, preferred brand eg 300 TC bed sheets
- 3 Minimum standard & preferred brand to suit hotel ie size, colour, functionality eg tea tray, floor cleaning.
- 4 Spec by hotel ID (eg colour finish).
Stakeholders including procurement agents, interior designers, owners and hotel operators work together to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Local, national regulatory & international standards.
- International regulatory standards.
- Codes & regulations including fire, safety, health, hygiene & electrical.
- Green standards in terms of water usage, energy efficiency, and recycling reusing.
- Operator’s brand and product standards.
- International five star hotel industry standards.