- Preparation of guidelines to reflect hotel brand image.
- Guidance on manufacturers & suppliers.
- Product standards will be consistent across the hotel group.
- Ensure quality and value for money.
- Selling feature for prospective owners.
Step 1 Preparation of scope
I provide Client with a copy of hotel OS& E scope document of main products to be in manual.
Add in exceptional items required by operator and normally in other scopes.
Agree with Client.
Step 2 Review operators current documentation and incorporate into manual..
eg operating policies/manual eg F&B policy, bedding policy, buying guides, preferred supplier list, safety standards manual and green standards.
Step 3 Review of Operators OS&E Masterlists
Identify main products that are currently operators standards.
Check if still a requirement.
Incorporate into manual.
Step 4 Arrange samples to be approved by operator/client.
Step 5 Prepare specifications/standards/suppliers/manufacturers.
Identify OS&E brand standards ie
Fixed brands, fixed spec, preferred/optional supplier, minimum spec.
Highlight standards like:
- Does it conform to safety and local standards eg fire, electrical, health, food, hygiene?
- Does it conform to international hotel standards?
- Does it (and the manufacturer) conform to green standards. (to be confirmed at tender stage)
- Ensure products are durable, easy to use and maintain
- Identify Items that require local consumables/local support?
- Identify Items that interface with other items eg
with other OS&E eg plates/trolleys, linen etc
- with equipment in other scopes eg linen /beds, mini bar /cabinet, chafing dishes /buffets
- with building
eg trolleys in lifts, vacuum cleaners and flooring, safes and floor loading.
- with external services eg refuse lorries etc
- Identify OS&E where further input is required from:
- Interior Designer (ID) eg for equipment which is visible to the public and where there is a choice of colours or finish
eg Electrical Equipment where electrical power connections are required, installation should be co-ordinated with project manager. Electrical items to be compatible with local electricity supply and conform to local electrical standards. Electrical equipment requires appropriate electrical power connections, (sockets, cables & plugs). For safes floor loading weights to be considered
- General Manager (GM)
Hotel Operations (HO)
- Identify OS&E where further input is required at a later date eg
Side of door for hinges( left/right ) for guestroom minibar and safes
Colour and finish
To match chosen bathroom accessories line
Check if included in other packages eg FF&E, bathroom contract package, electrical contract, kitchen contract, to identify possible double or nil counting